Onondaga On the Road and At Home

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Last week I went back to New York to pick up my little brother and sister for spring break. I was looking to travel on a budget so I choose to bring them back to Texas on a train. I decided to pick them up in Syracuse so my dad didn't have to drive all the way to Buffalo and back to his house some seven hours away. I picked up our tickets before I went to Syracuse, I had to show my ID to get the tickets. I had no problems, until we get to Chicago and I find out that I left my ID in my coat pocket in my truck, in the parking lot in BUFFALO. They needed my id to let us on the train to San Antonio. I was freaking out. The train was set to leave at 3:20, at 3:15 the conductor came out to me in the waiting room where I was in tears, with my 3 year old sister and my 11 year old brother. He asked me if we had anyone to pick us up in Chicago, I said no. He told us to pick up our stuff and we did. He told us to follow him. He led us onto the platform and we had to run to the door. We just made the train. Then the fun started. At about ten in the night they announce on the speaker system that there was a train accident in Arkansas and that we were going to have to get on a bus at 1am and take it to Little Rock, where we would catch another train to San Antonio. We didn't catch the bus until 2:30am and by the time we left Little Rock, we were 3 hours late. Our train was supposed to get into San Antonio at 11:55pm, we got in at 3:55am. And I am still tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home